Sunday, February 21, 2010

Fantasy Vs Reality !

I closed my eyes tightly, after a few seconds, I opened it..Nothing happened…! I tried it again a few times… the magic failed to work. I knew it was not a dream to dissolve in few seconds, but I desperately prayed it was one…And that, I would wake up with a terrible headache and then later go to college and complain about the dream and forget it then and there. If it were a dream, I would hope never to remember it the next day ….but NO..Its REALITY. If I wanted it to be a dream, then I should travel back 2 years in time. I wonder out loudly, “they say anything is possible these days, then why the hell ,time travelling machine is yet to be invented?? ”. I soon start cursing all the people involved in science and their lack of interest in doing great things. Suddenly my thoughts jumped and I start dreaming about what all things I would have prevented from happening, and other things I would have preferred to happen, if I had a choice. After what seemed like an hour, I was shook hardly by my friend, who thought I had gone lunatic, as she had found me sitting in the same place for an hour and looking at the wall and smiling all along. It was as though I had been to see a movie (which I had written, directed, acted, edited) which had totally engrossed me and did not want to move from the seat, long after it ended. But I know, I must move on. There is a force that makes me take things in a stride and a force which makes me stand still , not letting me disturb the air around! The worst part arrives when one is being pulled in different directions, and the person wishes ,he/she has extra pairs of hands/legs, to run in all the desired ways(even if it’s for just the heck of it) !

I would have loved to be anyone else at that moment, I mean LITERALLY anyone! I often feel not dealing with a situation, is the best way to DEAL with it. But the sensible person who used to exist inside me, (who now rarely peeps out) asked me boldly, ” REALLY? YOU MEAN FOR ALL THE SITUATIONS? IF YOU FEEL YOU HAVE ALREADY DEALT WITH IT IN THE BEST WAY, YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY BY NOW, BUT WHY THE HELL ARE YOU UNHAPPY?!” .I cursed once again, why consciousness puts forth such thought provoking questions at all the wrong times and only when I have just made the decision to not deal with things!

Though I argued that fantasy can improve my imagination skills and it’s good for the active working of my brain and does not involve lousy emotional feelings, it all proved to be fatal! After a lot of arguments and useless question – answer sessions, I agreed to the dominating devil inside me, that I know I must live in reality and not in fantasy.

Once the confessions were done and over, I now thought of the dominating devil as a friend, and intended to prolong the conversation and asked , “well, now tell me how do I deal with it?” … there was no reply … I repeated my question… still nothing… I knocked my insides…. Twice… all I could hear was just a hollow sound!

1 comment:

s()ms!e said...

Hmmm! what do we have here? Fantasy vs reality...Reality is the ultimate anytime :D So lets face it...!
"the best way of dealing with a situation is not dealing with it" - lol! :D very true!
I liked the depth of this post. It's not got an exact theme or structure but it was an interesting read, nevertheless!